The photo-shoot should take no more than two hours. Your photographer will be photographing the inside and outside of your home including all major rooms. You can have a direct impact on how well your home will look in the photos by following these guidelines.
- De-clutter rooms which may be excessively furnished as they do not photograph well.
- Throw rugs and runners in entryways, kitchen, and bathrooms should be removed.
- Replace any burned out light bulbs in fixtures and lamps.
The Home Exterior
- Remove all vehicles from driveway(s) and do not park directly in front of the house.
- Move garbage cans out of sight.
- Remove all garden tools including hoses and sprinklers.
- Remove all children’s toys, bikes, etc. from the yard or driveway.
- If you have a pool, remove the pool sweep, cleaning equipment and any pool toys.
- Mow and rake yard.
- Sweep driveway, sidewalks and patios.
The Living & Family Room
- Remove piles of newspaper and magazines.
- Hide all TV/stereo remote controls.
- Conceal all exposed cables as best as possible.
- Remove clutter and personal photos from bookshelves, tables and cabinets.
- Clear off countertops and remove any small appliances and clutter (i.e.: toaster, coffee pot, knife block).
- Remove photos, notes and papers from the refrigerator.
- Clean the major appliances (refrigerator, oven, range hood) and wipe down countertops.
- Move trash cans out of view to a closet or cupboard.
- Set the table with your best China and dinnerware.
- Add a colorful centerpiece such as candles or flowers.
- Conceal any exposed electrical cords.
- Make all beds and tidy bedrooms.
- Clothes should be hung, folded and put away.
- Remove items from bedside tables ~ books, magazines, pictures, clock radios, etc.
- Clear all personal items off countertops (i.e.: toothbrushes, soap dishes, tissue, lotion, makeup, etc.).
- Remove shampoo and other products from the shower/tub area.
- Close the lid on all toilet seats.
- Clean mirrors.
- Hang fresh linens.
- Contain pets in the garage or out of sight.
- Turn on all interior lights.
- Turn ceiling fans and televisions off.